Sunday, August 22, 2010

We are Home!




So we are home safe and sound. The trip home went well. We are all exhausted....of course. It is 3 am and Lucy and I are up. I'm letting her catch up with some episodes of Harold and the Purple Crayon and hopefully we will be off to bed again. Scott and Emmy have been sleeping from 9pm on. I hope this means she likes her new bed. Time will tell.

Most of you are aware that we had no access to this blog in China so I will do my best to update now that we are home. I was really bummed that I couldn't journal our experience on the blog like we did for Lucy. I hope I can recount all of our experiences and emotions accurately.

Our way to Shanghai and then Kunming was a long trip. We were beyond exhausted. I wasn't able to sleep at all. It took us about 36 hours in all to get to our destination. Lucy was a real trooper. She slept for short amounts of time and then would get rudely awakened by the turbulence. It was a bumpy ride. The picture of her on my lap is in the Shanghai airport. We still had about 9 hours to go at that point. We had to sit at the Shanghai airport for about 6 hours. While we waited the staring began. It didn't help that Lucy fell and smacked her head. She of course had a huge lump. It took forever to get ice and then she promptly fell asleep. SO my nerves were a wreck at this point. When you start letting your imagination get the best of you it's no good. Then we had to fly for 2 more hours and got picked up at the airport by our guide Jerry. When we arrived at our hotel we all fell asleep but Lucy got up 3 hours later. IT was a little rough but we made it.

No comments: